Sunday, August 5, 2012

FRIENDS....


Padh padh ilm kitaban da tu naam rakh liya qaazi...
(Learning through the rote of books you call yourself a scholar)

Hath vich pakad ke talvaraan tu naam rakh liya ghaazi...
(Holding the sword in your hand you call yourself a warrior)

Makke Madiney ghoom aaya tu naam rakh liya haaji...
(Having visited Mecca and Madina you call yourself a pilgrim)

Bullah tu ki haasil kitta je yaar na rakhaya raazi!
(Bullah, what have u accomplished if u haven’t remained true to your FRIEND!)


Yup! What’s the USE of all your special achievements if you don’t have anyone to share? Friends make your life worthy of living (mark these words). Friendship is the “stepping stone” for every other relationship. Father of a teenage boy is asked to befriend his son to strengthen their bonding. A newly wedded couple starts their journey by “getting to know each other”. That’s nothing but becoming friends (or should I say “Friends with benefits” :-p). That’s because of the openness it brings (sometimes irritation also J). There are no formalities, no pressure, no “protocols”. You are free to express yourself and sure that you will be listened carefully. It’s more sort of an ideal scenario we want our democracy to be in. Wait a min! So does that imply that Friendship is the only relationship which is Democratic? Hmmm….

What does friendship mean to me??? Well, have you watched “FRIENDS”? The American Sitcom? (I am a great fan of the series). Well, the series ends when 2 characters (the married couple amongst them: Chandler & Monica) are moving out to a different place (reason not important enough). Now the group can’t spend as much of the time with each other as they used to. So there won’t be enough events/drama/comic situations to make episodes. So does that happen in real life too? Like, growing apart physically makes you move away psychologically. Out of the sight, out of the mind. So this “Long distance relationship” doesn’t work in friendship too L?

Well, hold your breath, it’s wrong. If you were close to your friends, it does not affect (thoda bahut chalta hai but you are not completely cut off….n if you are cut off then…ahem ahem…samjhdaar ko ishaara kaafi hai J). And I am the most happiest to be proven wrong (being the one who is Poles apart, literally L, from my buddies).I have realized the worth of my best buddies in my life. That they are my LIFELINE. Love them all (especially the “Special” ones J). Cherish each and everyone of them.

I have been luckiest to come across some “gems” in my life. Each contributing to my “memory disk". But some have made lasting impacts. (Of course, how much these impacts last will be known in years to come. But nonetheless they have influenced my life. Mostly in positive way :-p). Each friend having his/her peculiar characteristics. People with different personality, backgrounds, views, mindset giving so many life-enriching experiences. Amazing!!! (1 of my friends once said the same thing and we laughed at him like hell J and I know they will do the same to me too...Kaminey)

On this friendship day, I promise to you my dearest friends that I will be always there for like you have been for me. Today, tomorrow and forever. Friends till death do us apart. Lifelong bond. “I do”. Do you??
Happy Friendship Day!!!

And as a true melodramatic person and a Hindi cinema fan, here is the national anthem of friendship...




:- Dedicated to my best buddies!

2 comments:

  1. u do...i dnt....:P...just kidding...:)))))) Happy Frendship day...:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long distance relationship is working fine in our case i guess .....lolzzzzz.....

    Happy Friendship day to you too my dear friend....

    ReplyDelete